Citigroup Beats Earnings Estimates; Google Purchases Drone Company
Stocks rallied to end the day slightly up after Citigroup (C) announced that they beat Q1 earnings expectations. Retail sales also were up 1.1% in March which is the biggest monthly gain since September 2012. This signals that consumers are ready to spend now that the harsh winter is now over. Google (GOOG) announced today that they will be purchasing drone maker Titan Aerospace. Titan Aerospace was actually in talks with Facebook (FB) earlier this year, but Facebook purchased U.K. based Ascenta, an aerospace company that also has been working on unmanned aerial vehicles instead.T-Mobile (TMUS) continues to make drastic changes to its wireless plans. John Legere, T-Mobile's CEO, revealed today that the company will no longer charge monthly domestic overage fees. He also encourages his competitors to follow suit and abolish overage fees also.
Word on the Street
- T-Mobile (TMUS) ends monthly overage fees.
- Apple's (AAPL) CarPlay may be available this year.
- Retail sales achieve biggest gain in 18 months.
- Google (GOOG) purchases drone company.
- Microsoft (MSFT) continues to make millions from Windows XP.
- 7 different industries that Amazon (AMZN) is looking to enter.
- Facebook (FB) to launch financial services.
Published on Apr 14, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff