Should Big Banks Hold on to More Money?; CPI Rose 0.2% in March
Stocks end the trading day barely up as they continue to recover from last week. The rising tension in Ukraine continues to be on investors minds which drew the stocks down but thankfully the better-than-expected corporate earnings reports drove the stocks back up. The chair of the Federal Reserve, Janet Yellen, spoke at a banking conference today and said that she believes that big banks need to hold on to more capital. She thinks that the current regulations regarding the amount of capital that big banks must hold on to does not adequately protect against all possible threats. The Consumer Price Index rose 0.2% in March, barely higher than the 0.1% that economists had predicted.While it is only a small percentage Americans are starting to feel it as housing and food prices are on the rise.
Word on the Street
- Yellen thinks big banks should hold on to more capital.
- GM's (GM) CEO lets 2 executives go after massive recall.
- Should the SEC go after bigger players?
- Twitter (TWTR) acquires Gnip.
- Minnesota will raise the minimum wage to $9.50 by 2016.
- Yahoo (YHOO) beats first quarter earnings estimates.
- Google (GOOG) acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace.
Published on Apr 15, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff