Jobless Claims Hover Near Pre-Recession Levels; S&P 500 Ends Higher for 4th Straight Day
Stocks continued to rally to end in the green for the fourth straight day, with the exception of the Dow Jones which ended the day slightly down. President Obama announced today that a total of 8 million Americans have signed up for health care exchange polices by the deadline date of March 31. U.S. jobless claims are hovering around pre-Recession numbers, for the week that ended on April 5th first-time jobless claims dropped to 300,000, which is the lowest reported number since May 2007. The number currently sits slightly higher at 304,000. The search into the group who was behind the massive Target (TGT) breach continues.Secret Service investigators are close to fully understanding the tactics that the hackers used to breach the retailer's computers but say it could take years to find the individuals who were responsible for the hack.
Word on the Street
- Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox will likely be liquidated.
- Facebook (FB) unveils new location-sharing feature.
- Google (GOOG) misses earning estimates.
- Expect increased prices from Chiptole (CMG).
- Former BP (BP) employee charged with insider trading.
- Weibo Corporation (WB) soars during its IPO debut.
- IBM (IBM) stock off on lower hardware sales.
Published on Apr 17, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff