S&P 500 Extends its Rally; Netflix Beats Earnings Estimates
The S&P 500 continues its rally and ends the day in the green for the fifth straight day. Ford (F) is expected to announce its new CEO within the next month. The automaker is expected to name Mark Fields, who is currently the COO, as the new CEO. Square is looking into a possible sell. The company is discussing a potential deal with Google (GOOG), and has also engaged in informal talks with Apple (AAPL) and eBay (EBAY). If Square decides to sell, it will obviously forgo its long-rumored IPO plans.Netflix (NFLX) revealed that its first-quarter revenue was above $1 billion and that its subscriber base grew to 48 million members worldwide. The company also beat analysts' estimates of 83 cents per share, with 86 cents per share.
Word on the Street
- Microsoft (MSFT) expected to close Nokia deal this Friday.
- Square looks into possible acquisition.
- Ford (F) soon to name new CEO.
- Sony's new tablet expected to be thinner & lighter than the iPad Air.
- Target (TGT) to unveil e-commerce service subscription.
- How will sales taxes impact Amazon (AMZN)?
- Pfizer (PFE) in talks to acquire AstraZeneca.
Published on Apr 21, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff