Comcast's Income Up 30% in Q1; NFLX to Raise Monthly Price
All three U.S. stock indices ended the day in the green after word of huge pharmaceutical deals. Comcast (CMCSA) reported that their first quarter income was up 30%, partly due to the Olympics and increased internet demand. It is reported that fast food CEOs make approximately 1,000 more than their workers. For example, the CEO of YUM! Brands (YUM) David Novak made over $22 million last year, while the average fast food worker makes only $19,000 per year. This example shows that there is a glaring income inequality within the fast food industry.Despite beating earnings estimates, Netflix (NFLX) will be raising your monthly bill. While it is unknown when the price increase will take effect, expect an increase of $1 to $2 a month depending on what country you live in.
Word on the Street
- Time Warner Cable (TWC) will sell a TV streaming box.
- Existing home sales fall in March.
- Did GM (GM) hide ignition flaws in 2009 bankruptcy?
- Alibaba's IPO is the most anticipated of 2014.
- Apple's (AAPL) larger iPhone may not be released this year.
- What Ford's (F) new CEO must do.
- Allergan (AGN) targeted by Valeant and Pershing Capital.
Published on Apr 22, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff