Dow Jones Falls 130 Points; Office Depot to Close 400 Stores
Stocks end the day sharply lower as the Dow Jones lost nearly 130 points. Twitter's (TWTR) shares fell a whopping 18% on the day and plummeted to its lowest point since its IPO debut in November. Chrysler hopes to become mainstream as it announced that it will be releasing a compact sedan, the Chrysler 100, in 2016 to compete with Ford (F) Focus, Toyota (TM) Corolla, Honda (HMC) Civic and Chevrolet Cruze.In hopes of saving $75 million annually, Office Depot (ODP) announced that they will be closing at least 400 stores by the end of 2016.
Word on the Street
- Trade deficit falls in March by 3.6%.
- General Motors (GM) recalls over 56,000 Saturns.
- Twitter's (TWTR) stock falls to a new low.
- Should Apple (AAPL) "spin out" iTunes?
- Office Depot (ODP) plans to close 400 U.S. stores.
- Google (GOOG) Glass costs only $80 in parts.
- Merck & Co. (MRK) sells unit to Bayer for $14.2 billion.
Published on May 6, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff