Coke Increases Stake in Keurig; Another Record Day for Dow and S&P 500
The Dow Jones and S&P 500 climbed even higher today to end with yet another record close for the second day straight. Nasdaq didn't fare as well as it ended the day down 0.1%. The Department of Transportation released today that almost 65,000 domestic flights were cancelled this year due to the winter weather. These numbers were expected due to the harsh winter weather, but the number of cancelled flights was the highest in over 20 years. Coca-Cola (KO) has decided to up its stake in Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) to 16%, sending Keurig's stocks soaring up 9%.Coca-Cola is now the largest shareholder in Keurig.
Word on the Street
- Highest number of flights cancelled in decades.
- Which 7 companies seem to be on a downward spiral?
- BlackBerry (BBRY) releases low-cost smartphone.
- IRS improperly paid $13B in tax credits last year.
- Are home prices rising out of the middle classes reach?
- Bitpay receives an additional $30M in investments.
- AT&T to acquire DirecTV (DTV) in $50B deal.
Published on May 13, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff