Stocks Retreat From Yesterday's Highs; Yahoo Purchases Snapchat Rival
After achieving record finishes yesterday the Dow Jones and the S&P 500, along with Nasdaq ended the day down. The way we order fast food restaurants may be changing due to the improvements of Panera (PNRA). The fast-food sandwich restaurant plans to introduce high-tech ordering to its stores by way of in-store kiosks. The CEO and founder hopes to achieve his goal of never having a customer wait. Today it was announced that Yahoo (YHOO) is purchasing the mobile messaging app Blink, whose main rival is Snapchat.The terms of the deal have not been released yet but may be released in the coming weeks.
Word on the Street
- Is picking your plane seat on Facebook (FB) the way of the future?
- Look at the data, rather than the market.
- U.S. producer prices rising, leading to higher food prices.
- Is the housing market stalling the economy?
- NYSE experienced data feed issues today.
- Target (TGT) is now dealing with a culture crisis.
- Elizabeth Arden (RDEN) falls on much weaker than expected results.
Published on May 14, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff