Gold Prices Continue to Fall; Pilgrim's Pride Ups Bid for Hillshire Brands
Stocks fall as they retreated from record highs yesterday. All three U.S. indices ended the day down. The price of gold continues to slip as it hit its lowest level since January. Despite the fall, many believe that it is just a natural reaction to the rising stock prices. Despite their massive recalls, General Motors (GM) sales seem unfazed. The auto company sales are up 13% in May from a year ago and posted its best month since August 2008. Continual news of breaches is deterring Americans from purchasing products online. Nearly a quarter of Americans have stopped, at least temporarily, from purchasing items online due to security concerns.
Word on the Street
- 5 stocks that investors should avoid.
- Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) ups bid for Hillshire Brands (HSH).
- Gold continues to slide, falls for 7th straight month.
- Recent breaches scared Americans from online purchasing.
- Dividend stocks are poor performers as interest rates rise.
- Bitcoin apps may be on the horizon.
- Quicksilver (ZQK) off 37 percent after earnings miss.
Published on Jun 3, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff