Housing Recovery Faltering; Nasdaq Closes at 14-Year High
The record finishes continue as the Dow and S&P 500 both end at all-time highs. Nasdaq also finished in the green at a 14-year high. The number of available jobs increased in most states during May thus the jobless rate fell in 20 states last month. Also, jobless rates were below the national average of 6.3% in 28 states. The U.S. housing recovery that has been occurring over the course of the past 2 years seems to be faltering as housing prices continue to rise. Housing prices are increasing too quickly for many buyers to be able to keep up.
Word on the Street
- The 2-year housing recovery is struggling.
- Should the U.S. lure more foreign firms?
- Starbucks (SBUX) will be raising its prices.
- It's still not the right time to buy gold.
- Stocks that are making investors rich.
- A look at how Apple (AAPL) has changed under Tim Cook.
- Oracle (ORCL) shares down after earnings miss.
Published on Jun 20, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff