Stocks retreat from the record highs set before the holiday weekend. Today the chief of the International Monetary Fund predicted that the global economy will improve and grow over the next year and a half, just not at the speed previously expected. As the bull market continues, investors are expecting U.S. companies to deliver sizable profit and revenue growth statements that would warrant a big move from the stock market. One stock that is experiencing some volatile changes is USEC, Inc. (USU). USEC's stocks jumped up 34% before the holiday weekend, but sank nearly 24% during Monday's trading sessions and ended the day down 18%.
Word on the Street
- U.S. consumption is picking up.
- Can corporate profits continue to rise?
- Stocks that will propel the Dow to 18,000.
- How to build the perfect portfolio.
- Teamster walkout could impact the entire country.
- Box raises $150 million, prepares for IPO.
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) to buy WILD Flavors for $3.0B.