Amazon Seeks FAA Approval to Test Drones (VRTX, PETM)
(As of 3:45pm) All U.S. stocks are in the green during afternoon trading. Amazon (AMZN) is seeking FAA approval to test 50-mph drones. Amazon believes that Amazon Prime Air will be able to deliver packages to customers in under 30 minutes and hopes to make this prime benefit available to customers worldwide. Old Navy is currently a top the list of nine-retailers who have posted same-store sales for June. Old Navy experienced a 7% increase in sales last month. It's parent company, Gap (GPS) didn't fare quite as well as it missed expectations.
Word on the Street
- Stocks expected to end higher at year's end.
- Gold prices hit 4-month high yesterday.
- Despite falling 40%, its still not the right time to buy Whole Foods (WFM).
- 6 stocks that are up 10% this summer.
- Amazon (AMZN) seeks FAA approval for drone testing.
- Lorillard (LO) near merger with Reynolds American to sell assets to Imperial Tobacco.
Published on Jul 11, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff