Fox Looking to Acquire TWC; Apple & IBM Announce Partnership
The Dow Jones ends at another record close, driven higher by the continual growth in China and heated merger discussions. It appears that Rupert Murdoch, the chairman and CEO of 21st Century Fox, will continue to push to acquire Time Warner (TWC). Time Warner's shares even ended the day up 17%, despite the fact that Time Warner rejected the bid. Blackberry's (BBRY) recovery may be stopped in its tracks as Apple (AAPL) and IBM (IBM) announced a partnership that will allow IBM to offer special versions of the iPad and iPhone to its corporate customers.
Word on the Street
- Possible interest rate hike in Q3 of 2015.
- Amazon (AMZN) testing "Kindle Unlimited" service.
- Intel (INTC) shares up 22% after being down for nearly a decade.
- U.S. economy is growing at a modest pace.
- Apple (AAPL) & IBM's (IBM) deal causes Blackberry (BBRY) shares to drop.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC) up on purchase by Albemarle.
Published on Jul 16, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff