U.S. Stocks Recover From Worst Week in 2 Years; MSFT
Stocks recover, just slightly, from their losses last week. Last week was even reported as the worst week for U.S. stocks in over two years. Now, many investors are wondering if the recent sell-offs will continue thus signaling the bear market. Microsoft (MSFT) filed a lawsuit against Samsung stating that the tech company owes Microsoft money. Samsung is supposed to pay Microsoft a royalty fee for each Android smartphone device that it sells as part of the patent-sharing agreement that was created by the two companies in 2011.Microsoft claims that Samsung did not pay on time last fall and is refusing to pay interest on the late payment.
Word on the Street
- Banks continue to ease lending standards.
- Walgreen's (WAG) CFO leaves company.
- 33 P.F. Chang's locations affected in security breach.
- Samsung allegedly owes Microsoft (MSFT) royalty money.
- Investors feeling the pain of last week's losses.
- Bally Technologies (BYI) to be acquired by Scientific Games Corporation in $5.1B deal.
Published on Aug 4, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff