Apple To Unveil New iPhones on Sept. 9; U.S. Factory Orders Up 1.1%
U.S. stocks recovery was short-lived as the Dow Jones ended the day down nearly 150 points. Apple (AAPL) announced today that they are set to unveil their next-generation iPhones on September 9th. The tech company is expected to release two sizes of the iPhone 6, a version with a 4.7 inch screen and a larger phone with a 5.5 inch screen. 21st Century Fox (FOX) said today that they withdrew their bid to purchase Time Warner Cable (TWC). Rupert Murdoch pitched the deal to Time Warner last month, resulting in Time Warner rejecting the offer and arguing that they were better off being alone.
Word on the Street
- U.S. factory orders reach highest level since 1992.
- Should Coke (KO) purchase Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR)?
- Apple (AAPL) to unveil new products on Sept.
- Service sector grew last month at fastest pace in 6 years.
- LinkedIn (LNKD) forced to pay $5.8M in damages.
- Target's (TGT) woes continue.
- GM (GM) served with subpoena by DOJ for subprime auto loans.
Published on Aug 5, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff