Apple's Stock Hits All-Time High; Aeropostale's Shares Up 20% on CEO Announcement
Stocks continued to rally for the second straight day as the S&P 500 nears yet another record. The demand for the iPhone 6 sent Apple's (AAPL) stocks soaring today. Apple's stocks closed at just over $100 a share, the highest price in the tech company's history. Steve Ballmer, the former CEO of Microsoft (MSFT), stepped down from Microsoft's board effective immediately. Aeropostale (ARO) announced today that Julian Geiger, the CEO of the teen clothing company from 1998 to 2010 will be taking over the CEO position once again.Investors seemed thrilled by this decision and sent shares soaring up nearly 20%.
Word on the Street
- Google (GOOG) stocks up 1,293% since its IPO 10 years ago.
- Steve Ballmer leaving Microsoft's (MSFT) board.
- Investors warning that the current bull market won't last forever.
- Is low the new status quo for interest rates?
- Aeropostale's(ARO) CEO to be replaced.
- Apple's (AAPL) stocks over $100 for first time since split.
- BHP Billiton (BBL) shares pressured by demerger.
Published on Aug 19, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff