McDonald's Names New U.S. President; eBay Considering Spinning Off PayPal
Stocks close the day mixed with Nasdaq ending the day in the green, while the S&P 500 and Dow Jones closed the day down. In hopes of turning around business, McDonald's (MCD) named Mike Andres as its new president for the U.S. division. Andres will become the second McDonald's U.S. president in 2 years. eBay's (EBAY) stock was up 4.7% during early morning trading today after reports stated that the company is considering spinning off PayPal as its own separate business as early as next year.News leaked since eBay has been telling prospects for the open position as PayPal CEO that they are looking into separating the two companies.
Word on the Street
- Gold prices expected to continue to soften.
- The U.S. dollar nears its highest level in nearly 1 year.
- McDonald's (MCD) names 2nd U.S. president in 2 years.
- 7 stocks on the rise, up 10% in the past 30 days.
- Sprint (S) challenges T-Mobile's (TMUS) unlimited plan, drops price.
- GameStop (GME) stock soars on second quarter results.
Published on Aug 22, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff