S&P 500 Closes Above 2000; Mobileye is the Hottest IPO of the Summer
The S&P 500 set history today, finishing the day above 2,000 for the first time ever. The Dow Jones and Nasdaq also finished the day in the green. Mobileye (MBLY) seems to be one of the hottest IPOs of the summer, with its shares trading nearly 60% above its IPO price. Mobileye designs technology that may be instrumental in the development of self-driving cars. American Airlines (AAL) announced today that travelers who are looking to book flights on their airline through Orbitz (OWW) will be unable to do so, effective immediately.American Airlines and Orbitz were unable to reach a deal as the relationship has become too costly. US Airways is expected to follow suit on September 1.
Word on the Street
- S&P 500 on track for best August since 2000.
- Mobileye (MBLY) up 8% shortly after IPO debut.
- It's official! Burger King (BKW) and Tim Hortons to merge.
- Amazon (AMZN) to purchase Twitch for $970 million.
- Orbitz (OWW) will stop selling American Airline (AAL) tickets.
- ZipRecruiter raises $63 million in venture capital funding.
- Digital Ally (DGLY) stock up big on Ferguson unrest.
Published on Aug 26, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff