U.S. stocks end the day mixed as the S&P 500 pushes further into record territory. It seems like SnapChat CEO, Evan Spiegel, made a good decision when he turned down Facebook’s (FB) offer to purchase the company for $3 billion, as SnapChat is now valued at more than $10 billion. The company recently fetched a huge round of funding from one of Silicon Valley’s most powerful investors. LendingClub, the largest provider of peer-to-peer loans in the U.S., announced plans to raise approximately $500 million in the form of an IPO. LendingClub is extremely popular due to its primary focus on consumer loans.
LendingClub Files for IPO; SnapChat Valued at More Than $10BBy: InvestorGuide Staff, dated August 27th, 2014
Recent Commentary and Articles
- Apple Finalizes Sept. 9th Event; JPMorgan Victim of Very Sophisticated Cyberattack
- Could a Guess Buyout Happen?
- Tiffany Gets Returned, but Bigger Returns Could Be Ahead
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR) Stock Up on Rumored Takeover
- LendingClub Files for IPO; SnapChat Valued at More Than $10B
- DSW (DSW) Up on Better Than Expected Revenues and Earnings
- S&P 500 Closes Above 2000; Mobileye is the Hottest IPO of the Summer