Will September's Volatile Reputation Live On?
The S&P 500 pushes further into record territory to end the month. The Dow Jones and S&P 500 have posted gains for 4 weeks in a row, but the real test will come in September. Stocks are likely to turn more volatile next month since September has typically been the worst-performing month for the Dow in the past 100 years. Apple (AAPL) set an intraday trading record today as anticipation of their September 9th event grows. Despite JPMorgan Chase (JPM) just announcing that they were victims of security breach, the actual attack occurred months ago and went undiscovered until a recent routine security scan.It appears that the attack actually happened in June.
Word on the Street
- Will the S&P 500 surge to 2,400 in the coming months?
- The real stock correction is going to blindside investors.
- Consumer confidence index jumps to 82.5 in August.
- 10 companies with record breaking stocks.
- 20 stocks that continue to deliver 'big bucks'.
- Splunk (SPLK) shares up on better than expected earnings.
Published on Aug 29, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff