Stocks ended the day up, snapping the chance that they would end down for three straight days. Dollar General (DG) really wants to purchase Family Dollar (FDO). Dollar General has plans to takes its $9.1 billion offer directly for Family Dollar’s shareholders in an attempt for a hostile takeover. Dollar General’s offer has been rejected twice by Dollar General’s board. With Apple’s (AAPL) plans for Apple Pay many are wondering if PayPal will become obsolete, and the answer is harder than just yes or no. Analysts believe that PayPal will continue to produce strong results for eBay (EBAY) for the near future, but analysts think that Apple Pay poses a long-term threat.
Word on the Street
- Will Apple Pay (AAPL) make PayPal obsolete?
- Which company’s are the top investors in the U.S.?
- Toyota (TM) scouting Mexico for assembly plant location.
- MicroStrategy’s (MSTR) CEO’s cuts his salary to $1.
- Dollar General (DG) plans a hostile takeover of Family Dollar (FDO).
- Chimerix (CMRX) up on new virus fighting drug.