Dow Closes With a Record High; Fed Set on Keeping Interest Rates Low
The Dow Jones finishes the day with a record close, mainly due to the Fed saying that the will keep interest rates low for the foreseeable future. Janet Yellen announced today that the Fed does not have a timeline for when they expect to raise interest rates. Food stocks suffered today, in part due to General Mills (GIS) reporting much lower-than-expected quarterly results. General Mills shares fell nearly 5% today and was one of the S&P 500's worst-performing stocks on the day.
Word on the Street
- Fed intends to keep interest rates low.
- Consumer prices fall for the first in 16 months.
- Rackspace (RAX) to remain independent, down 18%.
- 17 companies that pay high dividends to their investors.
- Apple (AAPL) plans next release for October 21st.
- Alibaba's IPO is a phenom worldwide.
- Sears Holding Corporation (SHLD) down on loan funding source.
Published on Sep 17, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff