Apple's iPhone 6 Release Overshadowed By Alibaba's IPO Debut
The streak continues as the Dow Jones closes at a record high for a third straight day. Alibaba's (BABA) IPO was the big story of the day, overshadowing the release of Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 6. Alibaba's IPO was set for $68 but surged 38% throughout the trading day to end at $93.89. Alibaba also now holds the title of the biggest IPO in history. Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were released to the public today. Many anxious customers waited hours, if not days, in front of Apple stores to be one of the first people with the newest Apple smartphone.
Word on the Street
- 7 Chinese stocks that are even better than Alibaba's (BABA).
- Bitcoin falls below $400.
- Is the time right for a Yahoo (YHOO) AOL (AOL) merger?
- IBM (IBM) is choosing to retrain rather than lay off employees.
- Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus go on sale.
- Alibaba Group (BABA) prices offering at $68 per share.
Published on Sep 19, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff