43% of Companies Experienced a Data Breach; Apple Stock Falls on "Bendable" iPhones
Stocks finally recover, ending a 3-day slump as the Dow Jones finishes the day up 154 points. Apple's (AAPL) stocks fell over 1% today due to claims of poor construction of the new iPhones. There have many reports, by consumers, that the latest iPhone can be bent by applying light pressure. An annual study on data breach preparedness found that a whopping 43% of companies have experienced a data breach in the past year. While many of these breaches are small in size, the overall size and volume of these breaches continue to increase, up 10% from the year before.
Word on the Street
- August home sales rise 18%, highest level in 6 years.
- Student debt reaches all-time high of $1.2 trillion.
- BlackBerry (BBRY) release new phone to save the company.
- 43% of companies experienced a data breach this year.
- 17 stocks expected to post big gains this fall.
- GoPro (GPRO) up on Google's investment in YouTube.
Published on Sep 24, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff