Stocks end the week up due to a better than expected September jobs report. 248,000 jobs were added in September, far above the expected 215,000. The unemployment rate also fell below 6% for the first time in over 6 years. Apple (AAPL) is expected to hold another event this fall on October 16 to highlight the new iPad line, new iMacs and the lastest OS X operating system. While the event is expected to impress, it will be more of a low-key event in comparison to the huge affair that Apple held last month for the launch of the iPhone 6. RadioShack (RSH) lives on for another day. The electronics retailer has reportedly reached an agreement with hedge fund Standard General to refinance $585 million in debt, allowing RadioShack to have enough cash on hand to make it through the much important holiday season.
Word on the Street
- U.S. jobless rate hits 6-year low.
- 76 million JPMorgan (JPM) customers hacked.
- The U.S. job market is set for its best year since 1999.
- Apple (AAPL) to announce new iPads on October 16th.
- 5 “shock absorbers” that stabilized the market.
- RadioShack (RSH) to refinance $585 million in debt.
- Five stocks to watch in October.