Apple's Shares Down After iPad Unveiling; Google Falls Short of Wall Street's Expectations
U.S. stocks end the day mixed with Nasdaq and the S&P 500 ending the day in the green, while the Dow ended the day down only 24 points. Apple (AAPL) unveiled its newest products today, but investors didn't respond positively. Apple's stock closed down 1.3% to $96.26. Google's (GOOG) shares were down as much as 5% in after hour trading today after falling short of Wall Street's expectations. Google's earning fell short of expectations, with earnings per share of $6.35 when analysts expected $6.53.
Word on the Street
- Are we headed to another financial crisis?
- Oil falls below $80 a barrel.
- Buffett begins dumping Tesco (TESO) shares.
- Apple (AAPL) releases new iPad.
- Amazon (AMZN) set to hire 80,000 seasonal workers.
- Are we heading towards another government shutdown?
- Netflix (NFLX) stock pummeled after lower subscription growth.
Published on Oct 16, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff