Stocks end day sharply higher as strong earnings reports are being delivered. The rebound rally in Europe also aided in the rally, ending the Dow’s six session losing streak. The 5.6% drop that Wall Street experienced yesterday pales in comparison to many other drops in October, and it didn’t even make the top 10 worst Octobers in stock history. In 2008, there was 16.9% drop on the Street and in 1987 Black Monday arrived with a 20.47% drop.
Word on the Street
- Will the stocks rally last?
- October 2014 is nothing compared to October 1987.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN) shares down 15%.
- Stocks to buy and stocks to avoid.
- ITT Educational Services (ESI) up 59%.
- Falling oil prices hit these 6 countries hard.
- Google (GOOG) reports lower than expected profit on higher sales.