Yahoo Beats Wall Street Estimates; Staples Investigating Possible Breach
The Dow gained 215 pints today, putting itself back in the black for 2014. Nasdaq closed the day up 2.4%, helped by Apple's (AAPL) 2.3% jump. The S&P 500 notched its fourth straight day of gains, ending the day 2% higher. Yahoo's (YHOO) shares rose 4% in after hour trading today after the Internet company bested Wall Street's estimates and reported $1.094 billion in revenue. Yahoo also earned a whopping 52 cents a share, analysts were only expecting Yahoo to earn 30 cents a share.Staples (SPLS) announced today that they are in the process of investigating a possible breach of credit card data. It appears that the breach is confined to Staples locations in Pennsylvania, New York City and New Jersey.
Word on the Street
- Unemployment rates fell in 31 states last month.
- How much is Apple (AAPL) really worth?
- Microsoft's (MSFT) CEO set to make $84 million.
- Wealth is now outpacing income, could lead to economic trouble.
- Staples (SPLS) looking into possible credit card breach.
- Kimberly-Clark (KMB) to eliminate 1,300 jobs.
- Chiptole (CMG) earnings top forecasts, stock down on food costs, outlook.
Published on Oct 21, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff