The U.S. market's strong advances came to an abrupt end today as the Dow is now in the red for the year and the S&P 500 ended its 4-day winning streak. Investors are partially blaming the deadly shootout that occurred in and around Canada's parliament today for the drop. Oil prices continue to slide, falling to a 27-month low. Crude oil fell an additional 2.3% today to $80.60 a barrel, pushing gas prices further below the $3 mark. Is Apple the perfect stock? Many investors are beginning to think so. This morning Apple (AAPL) hit a new all-time high of $104 per share. The tech company's strong earnings report earlier this week seems to have silenced all doubters.
Oil Prices Hit a 27-Month Low; Apple Stock Achieves New All-Time HighBy: InvestorGuide Staff, dated October 22nd, 2014
Recent Commentary and Articles
- Markets Soar on Monday After a Very Slow Week
- Cellular Dynamics (ICEL) International to be Acquired by FUJIFILM Holdings Corp.
- An Intro To Stock Analysis: Criteria vs Criterion
- Lessor vs Lessee: The Fundamentals of Lease Agreements
- The Differences Between Revenue vs Profit
- A Look at Bid vs Ask and How it Impacts Your Trading
- Career Focus: How to Become a Portfolio Manager