Dow Gains 221 Points Thanks to Visa Surging 10.5%
Stocks end the day in the green. Dow partially owes its 221 point gain to Visa (V), who surged 10.5% today after posting a better-than-expected quarterly earnings report. Visa posted a Q3 EPS of $2.18, slightly above the $2.10 forecast. The U.S. economy grew much faster than expected in Q3. GDP expanded at a seasonally adjusted rate of 3.5%, slightly higher than 3% that was expected. Economics report that federal government spending along with an uptick in exports drove growth in Q3.
Word on the Street
- U.S. economy grew faster than expected in Q3.
- Unemployment rates rise for the 2nd straight week.
- GoPro (GPRO) up after beating earning expectations.
- The best stock of 2014...Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR).
- Starbucks (SBUX) disappoints despite good earnings report.
- Lakeland Industries (LAKE) stock up on Ebola suit demand.
Published on Oct 30, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff