Dow Jones and S&P 500 Close at Record Highs
The Dow Jones and S&P 500 finished in record territory toady after the Republican party took over control of the Senate for the first time in 8 years. Investors are responding positively to the change is the legislative branch as they are hoping for for a more business-friendly approach to taxes and regulations. Telsa's (TSLA) shares ended the day down 3.5% today as investors were selling off shares ahead of the company's quarterly profit report which is expected to fall back into the red. Revenue, however, is up nearly 50% during last quarter.
Word on the Street
- Private employers added 230k jobs last month.
- Stocks expected to rise substantially after mid-term elections.
- Black Friday sales begin at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving at JCPenney (JCP).
- Target (TGT) set to close 11 more stores this year.
- Darden (DRI) hires executive search firm to find new CEO.
- Chrysler's (FCAU) profit up 32% in Q3.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) surges on higher revenue.
Published on Nov 5, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff