FireEye Discovers Security Flaw in Apple's Operating Software; Stocks Push Further into Record Territory
The Dow Jones and the S&P 500 pushed further into record territory today, with the two stock indices closing at yet another record high. Stocks continue to push higher on signs that the U.S. economy continues to improve and as corporate earnings reports continue to reveal better-than-expected results. Apple's (AAPL) stock fell today after FireEye (FEYE) discovered a major security flaw. The security company noticed that this flaw allows hackers to easily steal personal data from users using iOS 7 and iOS 8 operating software.
Word on the Street
- Corporate America's earnings up 10% in Q3.
- Gold continues to fall, down 2%.
- Apple's (AAPL) stock down after major security flaw discovered.
- When did GM (GM) really know about the ignition switch issue?
- 4 top rated retail stocks by Wall Street analysts.
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV) stock up on third quarter earnings results.