Stocks slightly rose today, bumping the Dow Jones and S&P 500 to yet another record close. The stock market showed improvement today while the bond market was closed in observance of Veteran's Day. Strategists believe that the stocks will likely move "sideways to up" for the rest of the year. Overall the stock market seems to have leveled out since narrowly missing a correction in October; the S&P 500 fell 9.8% last month, narrowly missing the double-digit percentage decline to be classified as a correction.
Word on the Street
- Stocks narrowly missed a 'correction' in October.
- Is the Fed focusing on the wrong things?
- Alibaba (BABA) sold $9B of good on Single's Day.
- 10 S&P 500 industries with the greatest potential.
- Target (TGT) unveils Black Friday sales early.
- LightInTheBox (LITB) forms strategic partnership with Baidu Dianxin.