Stocks continue to push higher into record territory as the Dow Jones and S&P 500 finish yet again at record highs. With these new record highs, the U.S. stock market was poised to achieve a fifth straight week of stock gains. Overall, global markets all performed well today after central bankers from China and Europe renewed their support for their markets and for the struggling markets throughout the globe. Nasdaq is just 6.8% below the tech-heavy market’s all time high from 2000, during the peak of the dot-com boom. Many investors thought it would take a lifetime for Nasdaq to reach 5000 again, but it looks like the wait is almost over.
Word on the Street
- Global central banks send stocks soaring.
- Hidden U.S. job crisis – underemployment.
- Nasdaq inches closer to hitting 5000 one again.
- Pay Google (GOOG) $1 to see less ads.
- Survey participants expect gold prices to rise next week.
- 13 stocks that could send the Dow to 18,345.
- GameStop (GME) stock pummeled after third quarter results.