Will the 'Santa Rally' Return This December?
After a strong November, December starts off on a low note as the U.S. stock indexes end the day in the red. Many investors are expecting a 'Santa rally' this month as consumers will have more income on hand if gas prices remain low. December is historically known as an investor-friendly month and has been the Dow's second-best performing month in the past 50 years. Apple's (AAPL) stock isn't performing as well as expected so far this holiday season. Shares are down 2.6% to $115.92. While that seems like a relatively small percentage, in reality it isn't as investors lost nearly $18 billion in stock value today alone.
Word on the Street
- 6 things to look out for in December.
- What is the Fed trying to avoid in their December meeting?
- Oil prices slightly up after hitting a 5-year low.
- Apple's (AAPL) stock lost $18 billion today.
- Investors hope for a 'Santa rally' this month.
- Samsung's profits down nearly 60% in one year's time.
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy stake in Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF).