Stocks Surge to Best Day of the Year on Fed's Announcement
Stocks experienced a much needed surge today after the Fed signaled that they could raise interest rates in the coming months, but also said that they would remain patient in doing so. The Dow rose 288 points while the S&P 500 jumped up 2% in the best day of the year. President Obama announced plans today to ease trading restrictions with Cuba. Americans will now be able to travel to Cuba, the largest country in the Caribbean. The news sent shares of Herzfel Caribbean Basin (CUBA) soaring 35% as the mutual fund has invested in many companies that are likely to benefit from increased trade with Cuba.
Word on the Street
- Fed will remain patient in interest rate hike decision.
- Is it too risky to purchase Tesla's (TSLA) stock?
- Wealth gap between rich and middle class now wider than ever.
- U.S.-Cuba business prospects on the horizon.
- 3 stocks to buy during this market crash.
- Navistar International Corporation (NAV) falls on missed expectations.