U.S. stocks end the day in the green for the third straight day as the Dow rose 41 points and the S&P 500 rose 10 points. Netflix's (NFLX) shares soared as high as 17% today after the video-streaming company delivered fourth-quarter that met expectations. 4.3 million new subscribers were added in the fourth quarter and Netflix is now expected to exceed 60 million subscribers by the end of March. Microsoft (MSFT) unveiled their newest operating system, Windows 10 today. The new update will be coming to PCs and phones later this year and will reflect a similar experience to Windows 7 after Windows 8 was poorly received.
Netflix Soars 17%; Third Straight Day of Gains for U.S. StocksBy: InvestorGuide Staff, dated January 21st, 2015
Recent Commentary and Articles
- Health Services Sector Making Money as the Market Falls
- Broadcom (BRCM) Stock Soars on Avago Technologies Takeover
- NASDAQ Leads Wednesday’s Recovery
- Geeknet, Inc. (GKNT) Doubles on Buyout by Hot Topic
- The Dow’s Long, Slow Tuesday Slide
- Time Warner Cable (TWC) to be Acquired by Charter Communications Corp.
- Investment Strategies for the Bullish Biotech Sector