U.S. stocks end the day in the green for the third straight day as the Dow rose 41 points and the S&P 500 rose 10 points. Netflix's (NFLX) shares soared as high as 17% today after the video-streaming company delivered fourth-quarter that met expectations. 4.3 million new subscribers were added in the fourth quarter and Netflix is now expected to exceed 60 million subscribers by the end of March. Microsoft (MSFT) unveiled their newest operating system, Windows 10 today. The new update will be coming to PCs and phones later this year and will reflect a similar experience to Windows 7 after Windows 8 was poorly received.
Netflix Soars 17%; Third Straight Day of Gains for U.S. StocksBy: InvestorGuide Staff, dated January 21st, 2015
Recent Commentary and Articles
- Markets Continue to Drop, Dow Loses Another 40 Points
- How Will Interest Rates Influence the S&P 500?
- SanDisk (SNDK) Stock Pummeled After Revenue Guidance Cut
- Stocks Slide Down 300, Tech-Heavy NASDAQ is the Big Loser
- Whiting Petroleum Corp. (WLL) Plummets on 22% Discount on Stock Offering
- Dow Falls 100 Points, Possible Ceiling Forming at 18k
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Stock Up 15% on 4Q Earnings