Last week was an interesting one for the Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett. Mr. Buffett, who has long avoided tech stocks, posted his first tweet on Twitter, simply stating “Warren is in the house.” Meanwhile, his company, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A), …
One major deal dominated Wall Street headlines this week – Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A: Charts, News) and 3G Capital acquiring ketchup giant Heinz (HNZ: Charts, News) for $28 billion. Heinz shareholders will receive $72.50 per share, a 20% acquisition premium. The Heinz acquisition is the largest takeover in the food industry’s history. Buffett had
Read the full article…
Recent Commentary and Articles
- Home Depot May Have Been Hacked; Will the S&P 500 Reach 3000?
- Five Stocks to Watch in September
- August Named the Best Month for Stocks Since February
- Will September’s Volatile Reputation Live On?
- Splunk (SPLK) Shares Up on Better than Expected Earnings
- Apple Finalizes Sept. 9th Event; JPMorgan Victim of Very Sophisticated Cyberattack
- Could a Guess Buyout Happen?